How to Install Drupal 7.2
Article Number: 879 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM
How to install Drupal v.7.2
This article provides the steps required to install Drupal v.7.2.
Table of contents
- Download the Drupal Package
- Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Drupal package
- Prepare the Drupal package transfer
- Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
- Configure the database
- Configure Drupal
1: Download the Drupal Package
- Navigate to the Drupal download page at https://drupal.org/drupal-7.26-release-notes.
Figure 1. Drupal Homepage.
- Click the drupal-7.26.zip link, to start the download.
- The download should begin immediately, and when completed, place the file in a location you can easily find on your computer.
2: Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Drupal package
Attention: If you already have Nexcess FTP credentials, you may skip this section.
With the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email, log in to your SiteWorx control panel.
From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
Figure 2. FTP Accounts.
In the Add an FTP Account section, type the FTP Username, Password, and Confirm Password in the corresponding fields and click Add.
Attention: Note these credentials for later use.
Figure 3. Add an FTP Account section.
3: Prepare the Drupal package transfer
Navigate to the location of the Drupal download on your computer.
Right-click on the Drupal zip file, and select Extract All….
The location for the extraction field displays; type a location and then click Extract.
After the files have extracted, click on the new folder drupal. If you see another folder inside of this one, delete it.
4: Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
Attention: If you do not have a preferred FTP client, follow our guide for installing Filezilla at https://docs.nexcess.net/article/setting-up-filezilla.html.
- Open your FTP client, and in the Host, Username, and Password fields type the information created earlier in SiteWorx.
- From the local computer panel, on the leftside of the window in the FTP client, locate the unzipped Drupal package.
Figure 4. FireZilla FTP window.
- From the remote computer panel, on the right-side window is the Nexcess server. Install Drugal by navigating through the appropriate folders.
- Click and drag the Drupal package from your local computer panel to the Nexcess server panel, and the transfer process will begin.
5: Configure the database
- Log in to your SiteWorx account, using the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
Figure 5. SiteWorx main menu; Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- Type a name for your Drupal database in the Database Name field, then click Create User.
Figure 6. MySQL database management.
- Type a name for your database user. Attention: It is recommended this name be the same as the database, for the sake of consistency.
- Type your information in the Password and Confirm Password fields, or click Generate.
- Save the Database Name, Database User and the Password for use later.
- Verify that all of the MySQL User Permissions check boxes are all selected and click Add.
6: Configure Drupal
- Navigate to your domain, along with the path of your Drupal installation. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your Drupal installation is drupal, type, example.com/drupal
- In the Installation Profile window, select either install the Standard modules or the Minimal modules.
Figure 7. Standard Drupal installation.
- Select the Standard check box and then click Save and continue. The next window shows the languages available for your site. If you need to install a language other than English, click the Learn how to install Drupal in other languages link and then click Save and continue.
Figure 8. Select your preferred language.
- In the Database type field, keep the MySQL, MariaDB or equivalent option selected, and in the corresponding fields, type the database name, user and password. Do not change the ADVANCED OPTIONS section. Then click Save and continue.
Figure 9. Adding database information.
- The Drupal installer bar will appear, loading the various modules in Drupal.
Figure 10. Installation bar.
- In the SITE INFORMATION window, type the name of your site in the Site name field, and your email address in the Site e-mail addressfield.
Figure 11. Site Information.
- In the SITE MAINTENANCE ACCOUNT window, type a username, email address, and a password in the corresponding fields.
Figure 12. Site management account.
- In the "SERVER SETTINGS" window, select your country and timezone in the corresponding fields.
Figure 13. Server settings.
- In the UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS window, select the appropriate check boxes and click Save and continue.
Figure 14. Update Notifications.
- After the installation is complete, Congratulations, you installed Drupal! message appears.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our Support Team by email or through the Client Portal. 24-
There are no attachments for this article.
How to edit php.ini
Added on Mon, Nov 10, 2014
How to Install phpBB
Added on Tue, Mar 18, 2014
What is nextmp.net?
Added on Tue, Jan 6, 2015
What is memcached?
Added on Tue, Jul 22, 2014
How to Install Joomla 3.2
Added on Tue, Mar 18, 2014