How to install Invision Power Board
Article Number: 878 | Rating: 4/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM
How to install Invision Power Board
Table of contents
- Download the Invision Power Board package
- Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Invision Power Board package
- Prepare the Invision Power Board Package for transfer
- Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
- Configure the database
- Configure Invision Power Board
1: Download the Invision Power Board package
- Using your preferred browser, download the Invision Power Board.
Figure 1. Invision Power Services applications selection.
- Select the application for purchase from the various options and click Checkout.
- Create a new Invision Power Service user, or log in ID with your existing account.
- Download the Invision Power Board package.
- Save the file on your desktop.
2: Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Invision Power Board package
Attention: If you already have Nexcess FTP credentials, you can skip this section.
Log in to the SiteWorx control panel with the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
From the main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
Figure 2. SiteWorx main menu; Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
Under Add an FTP Account , fill-in the FTP Username, Password, and Confirm Password fields then click Add.
Figure 3. Add an FTP account screen.
3: Prepare the Invision Power Board Package for transfer
- Navigate to the location of the Invision Power Board on your desktop.
- Right-click on the Invision Power Board zip file and select Extract All.
- Select a location for the extraction, and when the dialog window displays click Extract.
- After the files are extracted, open the new folder entitled board.
4: Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
Open your preferred FTP client, and in the Host, Username, and Password sections, type in the Nexcess information created in SiteWorx.
From the left pane, locate the unzipped Invision Power Board package.
In the remote computer pane window, is the Nexcess server pane. Navigate to the location where you would like to install Invision Power Board by clicking the appropriate folders.
Figure 4. FileZilla screen.
- Click and drag the Invision Power Board package from your local computer pane to the Nexcess server pane.
5: Configure the database
Log in to your SiteWorx account, using the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
From the main menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
Figure 5. SiteWorx main menu; Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- In the Database Name field, type in a name for your Invision Power Board database and click Create User.
Figure 6. MySQL database manager.
Type a name for your database in the username field.
In the Password and Confirm Password sections, either provide your own password or click Generate.
Verify of the MySQL User Permissions check boxes are selected and click Add.
6: Configure Invision Power Board
- Navigate to your domain along with the path of your Invision Power Board installation. For example, if your domain is example.com and your Invision installation is board, you will navigate to example.com/invision. If your Invision installation is at the top level of your domain, then go to the domain itself.
- When the system check panel appears, click Next.
Figure 7. IPS Community setup.
- The license agreement window displays, check the I agree to the license agreement check box and click Next.
Figure 8. License Agreement.
- The Address details window allows you to change your Install Directory. Leave the defaults intact and click Next.
Figure 8. Installation guide.
- Paste your License Key in the License Key field then click Next.
Figure 9. License Key entry.
- Type your Database Name, SQL Username and SQL Password into the corresponding fields and click Next.
Figure 10. Credentials.
- Create your administrator user by entering a Username, Password, and Email Address in the corresponding fields and click Next.
Figure 11. Creating an administrator user.
- Click Start installation.
Figure 12. Start installation.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our Support Team by email or through the Client Portal.
There are no attachments for this article.
How to edit php.ini
Added on Mon, Nov 10, 2014
How to use TraceRoute
Added on Mon, Aug 5, 2013
What is nextmp.net?
Added on Tue, Jan 6, 2015
How to Install Joomla 3.2
Added on Tue, Mar 18, 2014
How to Install Drupal 7.2
Added on Thu, Mar 20, 2014