How to install PrestaShop 1.6
Article Number: 875 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM
How to install PrestaShop v1.5.6
Table of contents
- Download the PrestaShop package
- Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Vanilla Forums package
- Prepare the Vanilla Forums package for transfer
- Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
- Install database
- Configure PrestaShop
- Delete install folder
Download the PrestaShop package
- Navigate to the PrestaShop download page.
- Type your email address in the Your E-mail field and in the You Are field, type your role at your company, and click Download Now.
Figure 1. PrestaShop v1.5.6 Download button.
- Save the file for use later in the procedure.
Configure FTP credentials to transfer the Vanilla Forums package
Attention: If you already have Nexcess FTP credentials, you may skip this section.
- Log in to your SiteWorx control panel with the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
- From the main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
Figure 2. SiteWorx main menu; Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
- In the Add an FTP Account section, type the FTP Username, Password, and Confirm Password in the corresponding fields then click Add.
Attention: Save these credentials for use later in this process.
Figure 3. Adding an FTP account.
Prepare the Vanilla Forums package for transfer
- Navigate to the location of the Vanilla Forums download.
- Right-click on the Vanilla Forums zip file, and select Extract All… .
- A field will display for you to select a location for the extraction.
- Click Extract.
- After the extraction completes, open the new folder Vanilla. If another folder displays inside of this one, delete it.
Use FTP to connect to the Nexcess server
Attention: If you do not have an FTP client, navigate to the Nexcess article for working with FileZilla here: link
- Open your FTP client, and in the Host, Username, and Password fields, type the Nexcess server name, username and password you created earlier within SiteWorx.
- In the local computer pane of your FTP client, locate the unzipped Vanilla forums package.
- In the Nexcess server pane, navigate by clicking the appropriate folders to where you would like to install Vanilla forums.
- Click-and-drag the Vanilla forums package from the local computer pane, to the Nexcess server pane, and allow the package to transfer.
Log in to your SiteWorx account, using the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
- From the main menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
Figure 4. SiteWorx main menu; Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- In the Database Name field, type a name for your Vanilla Forums database and click Create User.
- Type a name for your database user. We recommend this name to be the same as the database for the sake of consistency.
- Within the Password and Confirm Password sections, either type your own password, or click Generate.
Figure 5. Password creation.
- Retain the database name, username, and password for later use.
- Verify that all of the MySQL User Permissions check boxes are all selected and click Add.
- Navigate to your domain, along with the path of your PrestaShop installation. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your PrestaShop installation is prestashop, navigate to example.com/prestashop.
- Select language you want to install PrestaShop in by clicking the appropriate radio button, and then click Next.
Figure 6. Language selection.
- The license agreement window displays for using PrestaShop. Read the agreement and click Next.
Figure 7. License agreement.
- The Information about your Store window contains field for configuring Shop name and administrator information. In the Shop name field, type the name of your store and then select your main activity from the drop-down menu.
- Select your country from the Country drop-down menu. Next type your first and last names, email address, and a password in the corresponding fields. Select the Sign-up to the newsletter check box if you want emails from PrestaShop, then click Next.
Figure 8. Store information.
- Refer to the database credentials established earlier. Leave localhost in the Database server address field, type the database login and password in the corresponding fields.
- Click Test your database connection now! Figure 9 should appear.
Figure 9. Testing the database connection.
- Click Next and the PrestaShop installer will appear as it creates the database.
Figure 10. Database creation progress bar.
- Before you can start using PrestaShop, you must log back in to FTP and delete the Install folder.
Delete install folder
- Before your installation is complete, you will need to delete a folder that contains some sensitive data.
- Log in to your Nexcess instance using FTP.
- Navigate to your PrestaShop installation, and inside this folder, locate the Install folder.
- Right-click it, and click Delete.
Figure 11. Deleting the Install folder.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our Support Team by email or through the Client Portal.
There are no attachments for this article.
What is nextmp.net?
Added on Tue, Jan 6, 2015
How to Install dotProject
Added on Thu, Mar 20, 2014
How to Install Joomla 3.2
Added on Tue, Mar 18, 2014
How to edit php.ini
Added on Mon, Nov 10, 2014
How to Install phpBB
Added on Tue, Mar 18, 2014