How to use Google Mail Fetcher
Article Number: 589 | Rating: 2.7/5 from 3 votes | Last Updated: Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM
How to use Google Mail Fetcher
This article shows how to use Google Mail Fetcher send and receive email for your domain.
- This procedure assumes you have already created an email account for your domain and can re-enter this information. If you have not created such an email account, see How to create and modify email accounts in SiteWorx.
- Gmail’s Mail Fetcher supports only the POP3 protocol; it does not support IMAP. Therefore, any action taken on a message will not be reflected if you access your account from a different email client. For example, if you were to read or delete a message from within Gmail, the message will still appear as unread in another email client program.
- As a courtesy, we try to provide the most up-to-date information involving third-party technologies; however, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of such content, nor can we guarantee the performance of the product. If the text or example screenshots do not match your version, refer to the documentation provided by the applicable third-party company.
Stage 1: Specify incoming mail server settings
- Log in to your Gmail account, or create a new one.
- Click the gear icon, then click Settings (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Gmail gear icon.
- In the Settings panel, click Accounts and Import (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Gmail Settings panel; Accounts and Import selection.
- In the Check mail from other accounts row, click Add a POP3 mail you own (Figure 3).
Figure 3. Accounts and Import > Add a POP 3 mail you own selection.
- In the Email address field, enter the email address for your domain (Figure 4), then click Next Step.
Figure 4. Sample email address.
- Fill the next fields as follows (Figure 5):
Figure 5. Sample entries for Username, Password, POP Server fields; Port drop-down list.
- In the Username field, enter the same email address from Step 5.
- In the Password field, enter the password attached to that email account.
- In the Port drop-down list, select 995.
- In the POP Server field, if you are on a dedicated server plan, enter the domain name corresponding to your SSL certificate. Otherwise, or if you are unsure, enter the hostname of the POP3 mail server as provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email (Figure 6), or contact our Support Team.
Figure 6. Sample Welcome Email excerpt and POP3 mail server hostname.
- We recommend selecting the first two check boxes, Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server and Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving email. If desired, select the other two check boxes if their functionality appeals to you.
- When finished, click Add Account.
- When prompted to specify whether you would like to send messages from your newly added account, leave the Yes radio button selected (Figure 7).
Figure 7. Yes radio button.
- Click Next Step and proceed to Stage 2 below.
Stage 2: Specify outgoing (SMTP) server settings
- In the Name field, enter your name, clear the Treat as an alias check box, then click Next Step. (Figure 8).
Figure 8. Name field, Treat as an alias check box, and Next Step button.
- Select the Send through example.com SMTP servers radio button, then specify the SMTPserver settings as follows (Figure 9):
Figure 9. SMTP Server, Username, and Password fields with Port 587 and TLS radio button selected.
- SMTP Server: Enter the outgoing (SMTP) server name as provided in your Nexcess Welcome Email (Figure 10).
Figure 10. Sample Welcome Email excerpt and SMTP mail server hostname.
- Port: Enter 587.
- Username: Enter the email address.
- Password: Enter the password for that email account
- Secured connection using TLS: Select this option.
- Click Add Account.
- If successful, the Gmail client will ask you to confirm the email address (Figure 11). Choose either method to verify your email.
Figure 11. Email confirmation methods.
- If you see an error message indicating that there was a problem with your username or password, enter the full email address for your POP3 account in the Username field, then click Add Account. For example, rather than just "john," enter "firstname.lastname@example.org."
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our Support Team by email or through the Client Portal.
There are no attachments for this article.
How to enable SPF records
Added on Tue, Jul 30, 2013