Article Number: 731 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM
How to install Phorum
This article shows how to install Phorum on your Nexcess hosting account.
1: Create a MySQL database
- Before installing Serendipity, we recommend that you create a MySQL database for Serendipity to use for data storage. For instructions on hot to create a MySQL database through your SiteWorx account, refer to Creating a MySQL Database.
- Note of the database and user information so that you can input it during the Phorum installation.
2: Download Phorum and upload to server
- Download the most recent version of Phorum.
- Extract the Zip archive to your local computer using your preferred archive manager.
- Open the ../include/db/config.php.sample file using your preferred text editor. Do not use a word processor application.
- Edit the following lines with the database information you created in Step 1:
- type = mysql
- name = example_phorum
- server = localhost
- user = example_phorum
- password = securepassword1234
- table_prefix = phorum
- port = 3306
- socket = NULL
- Save the file as config.php.
- Upload the contents of the phorum-5.2.15a directory to your web root using FTP. Your web root is located at /home/examplec/example.com/html/
3: Execute the installation script
Open the installation script in your web browser. For example, if your domain name was example.com, enter: http://www.example.com/admin.php
After the script completes the system check, click Continue
The database tables will be created. Click Continue.
Create an administrative account, then click Proceed
. Enter a complex password or use the Nexcess Secure Password Generator to have one created for you.
- Select any optional modules you wish to install, then click Continue.
The application should now be ready to use. If an error messages displays, or if you have other questions about the installation process, contact the Nexcess Support Team
There are no attachments for this article.
Added on Tue, Jul 30, 2013
Added on Mon, Aug 5, 2013
Installing phpMyChat Plus
Added on Fri, Dec 20, 2013